"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Saturday, July 19, 2008

We're Expecting!
This was a very exciting day for both me and Sam! We found out today that we're going to be a mommy and a daddy! In anticipation I wanted to know right away when I'd become pregnant. So I starting testing and took my first pregnancy test on July 9th! I told Sam to not be disappointed if it were negative because a lot of couples don't become pregnant on their first time of trying. So after taking the test and waiting the desired 3 minutes for the results it read negative. So a couple of days later, still hopeful that I could be pregnant, I took yet another test and it was also negative. Oh well, I said to myself it'll be when its meant to be! On July 13th I decided to take a third test. I took the test gave it a glance and thought surely if I were 10 days along it'd be positive. After glancing at it and seeing one very dark line I thought okay we'll try again next month and laid the test on bar in our bathroom. Little did I know that on the 14th I'd be in for a happy surprise. On this day I woke up and happened to walk over to where I placed the test and took a double take! To my surprise there was a very dark line and a very faint 2nd one. YEAH! I immediately called Sam at work and told him that there was for sure a second line. He was so excited and said, " Phew, I've got to sit down". I told him that I'd take another test to be sure. I called my sister, Rhonda, next and she said that she already knew that I was pregnant (apparently I described some symptoms to her earlier in the week). So, to be sure, I went out and bought two more tests all of which returned negative. I was a little disappointed because one test showed pregnant and these were telling me that I wasn't. But I still had hope becuause I know there are more false negatives than false positives!!
So today, July 19th, after an all day make up session with my oldest sister Rhonda in Spartanburg, Rhonda, Kelsey, and I drove to Myrtle Beach where we'd be meeting Sam. After being three days late I couldn't wait to take yet another test. I had a cheap one with me so I took it and saw another more revealing second faint line. I told Sam that he had to get me to Walgreens to get me a real one- the digital kind that say "Pregnant" or "Not Pregnant". In excitment I put the other test in my pocket and we were off to Walgreens to buy the "real test". The pregnancy tests were locked in a glass case at the particular Walgreens that we were at so as the girl was unlocking the case I showed her the test in my pocket. She said, "looks positive to me"! We came back to our condo, I took the test and within a minute we saw that I was defintely pregnant! Sam started jumping around saying "we're going to have a baby". It was such a sweet moment for the two of us! We can't wait to see what the next nine months are going to bring for us!!


No comments: