"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Monday, August 04, 2008

"Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you, before you were born I set you apart." Jeremiah 1:5.

Today, Monday August 4, 2008 I had my first OB appointment! I am already 6 weeks 5 days pregnant! I haven't been feeling great lately. Some tests were done this day and later I found out the reason why I felt so puney- I had antibiotic related illness known as C Diff. I had taken two rounds of antibiotics in early July (didn't know at the time I was pregnant because it was too early to test) and later I found out that I didn't need them after all. So instead of killing the bad bacteria in my belly the antibiotics attacked my good belly bacteria and I wound up with C Diff- a horrible stomach superbug. Anyways, I was very excited however to get to see our baby for the first time even if it looked like a bean sprout! The ultrasound tech told us that the baby looked great and that the heartbeat was 112 beats per minute- I looked at Sam at that moment and told him that we were having a boy. I know I know going by the heartrate in determining a baby's gender is an old wives tale, but it was fun to see our baby on the monitor and thinking we already knew what it was.

No comments: