"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Thursday, July 08, 2010

22 Questions!
Just in case you want to know a little more about me!

1. Cats or Dogs?
Dogs. Throughout my childhood I had a total of 5: Fridgette, Prisson, Princess, Spike,
and Sebastian (My favorite dog ever. I still miss him).

2. Chocolate or Vanilla?
Vanilla always. Unless its a chocolate milkshake from Sonic or the Dairy O.

3. What's your favorite childhood memory?
Spending many weeks of my summer with my Maw-Maw and Paw-Paw Boulware!
Those summers were priceless. I still remember going with her every Saturday to the
beauty shop to get her hair fixed, shucking corn in red tubs on her picnic table, catching
fireflies on hot summer nights, and going to Hardees almost every morning and eating
breakfast with my uncle John A and his wife Alice and my Aunt Evie, but not leaving the
house without first calling Aunt Evie to see if she was going (always knowing beforehand
that she would be there with bells on)!

4. What's your favorite dinner?
My mother's pork chops and sweet tea.
My mother-in-law's macaroni and cheese and rice.
Joyce's green beans.
Rhonda's tossed salad with homemade ranch dressing.
Melinda's baked salmon and special sauce.
Sister Schubert rolls
My strawberry pie!

5. What's your favorite way to relax?
Reading the latest novel by Nicholas Sparks!

6. What's the best place to take your child(ren)?
Riverbanks Zoo! Or especially playdates with her other little friends!


7. What's your idea of the perfect day?
Waking up to a sunny morning either at home or on vacation knowing that I'll get to spend
fun quality time with my family! Hearing ocean waves crashing would be a bonus!

8. What is your favorite TV show?
Currently I don't have one (how sad is this... I don't watch tv enough to have one).

9. When you were younger, what did you want to be?
When I was in kindergarten I knew that I wanted to be a teacher when I grew up.
I became a teacher!!!

10. What's your favorite restaurant?
Depends on what city I'm in. At home in Lexington it's McAlister's!


11. What are your talents and hobbies?
My hobbies are reading, writing, scrapbooking (I love using Stampin Up's scrapbooking
supplies), attempting to make things using my computer software (invitations, cards, etc).
I love taking pictures of my family, especially Caroline and I would love to be able to know
photoshop better than I do!
My talents are: hmmmmm? I dunno. I would have to think about this one!

12. What is something important life has taught you?
God has a plan for each of us: Jeremiah 29:11. It's God's timing that matters not ours.
And to never take anything for granted.

13. What day(s) of your life would you most like to relive?
My wedding day. I loved every minute of our special day! Walking down the aisle to
marry my Prince Charming was the very best moment of my life!
The day Caroline was born! This day was perfect beyond measure.
Being surrounded by family and friends and all those that loved us while
introducing them to Caroline was so precious! I could relive that moment over and over!
March 29, 2009 was the day that God gave Sam and me the most beautiful gift: Caroline!

14. What do you wish you could do?
Give to others in such a meaningful way.
Learn things faster so that I could accomplish more!
Be organized. I have zero organizational skills...ZERO.

15. What would surprise people about you?
I dated Sam for 9 years before we got married (for those that don't know me).
There are days when I'm grumpy and in a bad mood!

16. What do you wish you could share from your childhood with your children?
That I grew up with fabulous friends. I have treasured friendships that
developed in preschool and that still remain. It's a group of us that have endured
and shared many of life's moments and blessings together. I'm so thankful
for all of my friends. They are jewels! Thanks gals!!!

17. What are three things that brighten your day?
Caroline's laughter, a happy meal, and  Coca Cola!

18. What is your favorite indulgence?
Peanut M&M's (Raven's mother and grandmother always made sure these were
availabe at every family gathering that I attended), birthday cake with vanilla
whipped icing, and Hershey Kisses (there are others but these three were the first
that came to mind).

19. What was your first job?
I worked in a Chinese restaurant! The best in town: China Kitchen! I still crave
their Sweet and Sour Chicken!

20. What do you admire?
The faith and strength of others that have walked through some of life's
hardest and most challenging times and yet still come out more faithfilled
and stronger than before their trials. It is these people that others are
watching and how they react to their tribulations as their faith is tested.

21. What is your favorite slogan or motto?
I don't really have one, but I have a phrase that I sometimes refer to, especially
when I'm wanting different results or reminding myself to try
something new and its: "If you always do what you've always
done then you'll always get what you've always gotten".
I found this saying in my sister's Bible years ago. It was part of some
sermon notes she'd taken at church one Sunday.

22. What are some things in life that you have learned that have helped guide your living?
Wow..good question! I can quickly think of two. When I graduated from high school
my paw-paw Hick wrote me a letter about life, living, and how to be an agent of
change for others, especially for those that are victims of injustice.
The second being words of wisdom from my sister before I left for college. She gave me
things to think about and words of encouragement as I entered into college life!

No comments: