"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Thursday, December 02, 2010

As I'm preparing my home and my family for the Christmas season, I want to keep in mind the reason why we celebrate Christmas! We are celebrating the birth of Christ Jesus. How very special was that very moment, the birth of our Savior!
I know that sometimes we can get bogged down with gift buying, wrapping, and decorating (I know that I do). This year I want to enjoy every minute of this Christmas season's preparations. Last year was C's first Christmas and I felt like I was rushed and behind with decorating and gift buying instead of thinking and reflecting on what the season really means for me and my family. This year I want to keep my focus on the reason we celebrate this holiday. I don't want to rush any part of it (even though time isn't always on a working mother's side).
Sometimes though it takes a little humor to see what we are really like around the holidays! I need a little humor when I'm trying to not take on too many tasks at once. So to help me slow down and laugh a little I found Lucy! I love watching the I Love Lucy shows! I've watched them every since I was a child. Lucy is funny! Her comic shows even today have parts in them that I can connect with! I've included a few links to snippets of past episodes! My hope is that as you are preparing for this Christmas season that you are not driven by time schedules or the holiday rush. I hope that your focus is on the real reason why we celebrate Christmas (a little humor can't hurt either)!

Finding that perfect Christmas tree!

How to not decorate your Christmas tree!

The Dinner rush!

The Madness!

No comments: