"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Tuesday, February 08, 2011

This past weekend was pageant weekend! It was fun, exciting, entertaining, and well quite frankly beautiful! I think I've only been to one pageant in my life. My sister and some very dear friends competed one year in high school, and so I was very excited to see what the pageant "scene" was all about for this weekend and so I couldn't wait to see our Kelsey compete in her school's Miss Freshman pageant! This is so different from what we thought she would ever do, but to put it in her own words, "I am doing it for fun and I'm not expecting to place".  She wanted to have fun, her friends wanted her to do it, and so she entered! As Saturday preparations began, she wasn't at all nervous, in fact, she couldn't wait to get to school for all the fun to begin.  Her bubbly personality and full of confidence attitude brought her the 3rd runner up title! She didn't expect to hear her name being called for one of the five finalist spots out of the 50 girls that competed and when the MC did she didn't even budge. She said she thought she heard wrong!
We are so proud of our Kelsey!


Kelsey and Jessi!


Ladies and Gentleman I am
Kelsey Marie Dukes
your contestant number 25!


Evening Gown and Poise!


Our girl!


Kelsey and Jessi! Beautiful!


Kelsey is ready for some fun!


5 finalist and there's our K!


YAY! Kelsey Marie Dukes is 3rd Runner Up!


The gals!

No comments: