"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Thursday, May 26, 2011

First Grade team at WKES!
Back Row: Melissa, Jo Ann, Emily, Danika
Front Row: Jennifer, Jenny, & Natasha

As many of you know I don't do very well with goodbyes. I don't like change. Change is not invited into my "realm" very friendly. I don't know if its because of the new that will be made from the change that I don't like or if I'm just happy with the way things are (content) and therefore there would be no need for something different. Sometimes, however, I have to accept change. Change is inevitable in many aspects all throughout life. I'm getting better with change when it does happen, however it's a slow process.
I will be experiencing "change" again very soon. The pretty friend in the yellow dress is my teacher friend, Jenny, and she's decided to move back home to be closer to family. Jenny will be teaching in a new school and of course she'll make new teacher friends and will continue to be the best teacher that she is, but as for this team, we'll miss her. I have many fond memories of Jenny that stems back to when she was a student teacher at WKES. I sat in on her interview and couldn't wait for her to be apart of our team! We'll miss her creativity during planning. We'll miss her playing her guitar while singing popular Christmas songs with her children on our school's morning news show in December. We'll miss her drawing all of the cutesy things for each of us for our classrooms (the K-W-L flower), etc. We'll miss her fabulous ideas, her vibrateness, her energy, and her personality. We'll miss her this summer during our team's weekly Tuesday lunch dates. I think that you are getting the idea of how special this friend is to me as well as to all of my team members. We are a close knit team. We are family away from our families. We work well together. We are all professional and personal friends. So as you can see, come June 3rd, I'm going to be a mess (maybe more than a mess). I can't imagine Baldwin's Busy Bees not being the classroom name on the door of room 412 at WKES.
Jenny will always be our friend. I will defintely miss Jenny and I wish her much success at her new school and with her new home in Beaufort! 
I will now be adding a new change: more phone calls, frequent emails, and more chatting to her on FB!

No comments: