"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Ever since I could remember, celebrating the 4th of July has been a big deal in my family for two reasons. One, we celebrate our nation's birthday! Two, my grandfather (Paw-Paw) was also born on July 4th, although he's dancing in heaven right now on two very good legs! I still remember celebrating his birthday every 4th of July on a lake near my grandparent's. It was family reunion style kind of celebration. Everybody from everywhere that was of kin showed up to celebrate these two very special occasions! It was fun and I can still smell all of those delicious delicacies. We no longer celebrate the 4th on the lake near my grandparent's, but my mom has continued the tradition. We look forward to it every year knowing that we are still going to eat some really good food and the hayride will defintely happen among other things!

 Miss C running on the slip-n-slide!

The little cousins: Blake, Daniel, Dylan, & C!

The two C's!

This is one funny little girl!

Giving Aunt Rhonda all of her kisses!

Kelsey!

Nanny fixed this "waterpool" for Miss C
but she didn't want anything to do with it
until she saw the boys' slip-n-slide!

The hayride!

She wants to be just like her daddy when she grows up!

Sam, C, and Uncle Mac!

C's first sparkler! Happy 4th!
Side note: C doesn't always wear her pj's! We thought we were done with our evening and she'd had a bath, but our neighbors brought out their fireworks late and so more fun was to be had! She also has more pj's than this frog/princess pair (2 more to be exact, ha). I think I posted some of her at camp in her pj's. Those were taken late one night and early the next am! 

1 comment:

ALHnBKH said...

You are very welcome for your minor heart attack experience once I handed out the sparklers! Next year, YOU will be holding one too!! :)
<3 Yall!