"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Saturday, August 13, 2011

As a new school year is soon approaching I am reminded of the type of job that I do, and quite frequently. A dear friend sent me this link and I wanted to share it with you! I know as a teacher mommy it put a smile on my face but it also made me a little teary. Many thoughts ran through my mind as I was watching the clip, thoughts about my own C and how much she seems to grow and develop daily (and how now when I try to look and think back about her being just a baby its a blur, how sad for me). It also heavily reminds me of my job as a teacher and what many roles I have to be for so many of my students. At the start of each school year, I become excited and very motivated all while the nervousness sets in about what the year will bring. I'm constantly thinking about what can I do this year to be an even better teacher. As teachers, we are constantly trying to prescribe what strategies and skills are needed to help our students learn and sometimes we have to try more than once before we get it right, even still it can be difficult, but I love to try new things and I have a love for learning professionally. I also have a great team at my school and we work very well together! 
I am excited about the upcoming school year but thinking about all the fun that I've had with Miss C this summer and saying goodbye to some of our daily activities makes me very sad. I have to keep telling myself that she needs to be with her friends at Ms. Leah's, and I have to work!
Enjoy the clip!




No comments: