"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Thursday, September 01, 2011

This summer (yes I'm still in summer mode), Caroline participated in our library's reading summer program. For every two hours that she read she earned prizes. So we charted it in incriments of 15 minutes. So after she (I) colored in eight 15 minute picture book boxes on her reading log card we'd go get the next level's prize. She loved it! When she had her sheet completely filled and went to the library to get her last prize, she was hoot! She stood at the children's department desk and waited paitently for her reading medal, stickers, and coupons for treats. We had to wait awhile since the children's dir. was assisting other friends. When it was C's turn she pushed her book record card over the desk to the lady nicely and grinned from ear to ear. She giggled when the lady began talking to her about how many books she'd read and even noted the list of favorites that we added to the favorite side of her card. She was so proud of herself that she was beyond tickled. My only regret is that I wished that I had signed her up for last year's reading incentive program! We have added going to the library as a reward for when she has great days at Ms. Leah's! My hope is that Caroline will love books and become an avid reader like her mommy!

Here's big girl adding her last star sticker by her name!

Yay, baby! I'm so proud of you!

All grins while showing off her new medal!

No comments: