"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Sunday, July 08, 2012

June 3rd 2012 will be a day I'll always cherish and smile when I think about! It was the day that I was "Washed"! I grew up Presbyterian where the doctrine believes in infant baptisms. So pretty much I was baptized as a baby. As an adult, I believe that infants can't make their own free will decision so I chose to make this important public profession of faith... in a pond! Yes, the very one who is petrified of water that can't be seen through was baptized in a pond! My baptism was absolutely beautiful (minus the preanxiety before hand) and perfect and very special indeed! I am blessed to be His!





I am Washed!!

My former student, Josh, was also baptized!

I got to share this special moment with
my niece, Kelsey, too!

 Caroline loved playing in the pond afterwards...
good clothes and all!

C having fun with her friends big and small!

Miss Sassy girl!

My sweet family!

What a special day!

2 comments:

A MilShelb Mom said...

That is awesome! At my church we believe in adult baptisms (full-immersion). Congrats on your decision! :)
~Maggie

Kathy Hardison said...

I didn't know this or I would have been there to share your day. God is good!