"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Sunday, March 31, 2013

Dear Sweet Caroline,
You are now 4! WOW! Four seems like a great big number to this momma! I guess I can no longer call you "the baby"! We spent your birthday at the zoo just like you wished! It was a beautiful day for seeing all of your favorite animals! You even got to spend some time with your twin cousins at the zoo! I believe your favorite part of the day was going to Cupcake downtown Columbia and getting a yummy cupcake! Mommy and daddy secretly love that place too!
Before going to the zoo we took you to your 4 year old well checkup! Since last year you have gained 9 lbs so you weigh 41 lbs and grew 3.5 inches so you are measuring 41 3/4 in! That puts you at 87% for height and 86% for weight! You passed both your hearing and vision tests! We are extremely pleased that you are so healthy! 
Here's some of the things that you are into: Barbies, being a momma to your baby dolls, coloring, drawing, painting, puzzles, singing (in the choir at church too), making up nonsense rhyming words, and watching princess movies like Cinderella, Rapunzel, and The Princess Frog! You do not go anywhere without Frog Lovey, Lamby, and Pinkey Pinkey Doo. You love our cat Stitch but you don't understand why he "pokes" you with his claws. He's sweet but his claws can hurt! I'm allergic to him so I stay away. He is however, the best cat ever. I though want a dog!
You like eating at Chick-fil-A, Mellow Mushroom, Subway, and San Jose..you call it Hands-O! It took me forever to finally figure out what Hands-O was!
You can spell your first and last names, tell what street you live on, what city you live in, and the name of your state. You can count to 20 and you know your ABC's! We are working hard at you naming your letters out of context but so far you can only name a few. You have school for the rest of your life and although I'm a teacher I know you will get it, but for now we don't really do a whole lot of extra school stuff! Speaking of school, you are going to preschool at LBC next year. I'm super excited! I believe your teacher's name is Ms. Jennifer and that's great because mommy grew up with her little sister, Julie! You will already know a lot of friends in your class because you go to Sunday School with them. You will still go to Ms. Leah's, but next year will be your last. That would be a conversation for a different day. We love Ms. Leah to pieces! How sad the day you will no longer be in her care.
Sweet girl, you are absolutely amazing. You are more than I could have ever asked for in a daughter. You make me laugh, smile, and even sometimes cry because of the joy that you have brought into our lives.
God is good! Talk to him everyday. Let him know what's on your heart. Mommy and daddy love Him so much and we ask Him everyday to show us how to raise you and how to be the parents He wants us to be for you! Trust Him! He certainly knows what's best for you princess.
I'm super excited to have spent your birthday with you! It sure was a lot of fun! I'm also looking forward to this Saturday where all of your friends are coming over for your 4th birthday party! It will be momentous for sure! I'll be sure to take lots of pictures!
I love you baby girl to the moon and back! I love it when you hug my legs and say, "Momma I want to keep you forever and ever."
You are our princess and we love you oh so very much!
Happy 4th Birthday Sweet Caroline!
Love and Prayers,
Mommy and Daddy
 


No comments: