"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Wednesday, September 11, 2013


Miss C had her first day of preschool on August 27th! She loved going to the children's orientation the day before with her daddy and couldn't wait until she had her first full day. I have to admit that I, too, was very excited for my girl. School is my job, where I go everyday and for my girl to be starting her school "career" at 4K @ LBC...well that was just fine by me! Since we attend church at LBC we were all pretty comfortable with her going!
My girl has always been independent from me. She is full of awareness and withidness and so I knew she was going to be just fine. I just wasn't prepared for my big girl to be such a BIG GIRL on her first day of preschool. She walked me to Mrs. Lambrecht's room where my big girl didn't forget to take her name frog out of the pond and place it on her hook nor did she mind walking right past me to take her bookbag to its school home...AKA her cubby hook. As I stood at the door she ran to me with kissy lips and said bye mommy. I was a little teary as I hugged her good-bye not because I was leaving her but because she's a big girl...and ready for things that her momma is not so ready for her to be ready for. And so there you go,...it'll never be the same...school wins.
When I went to pick her up from her classroom at noon, my girl had such a proud smile on that sweet heart shaped face of hers. That moment will be etched in my memory for a very long time if not forever. It was a look of all grown up and yay mommy I'm at preschool now, and just full of all kinds of awesome. It was great.
She said the best part of her day was mommy leaving and not staying (Sam had to stay with her the day before). When I asked her if she met a new friend she said no to which I asked who did you play with at recess..no one..everybody played by theirselves at recess.
The first day of preschool was a win and she's very excited to have a few friends from SS in her class. We love that our girl loves it and we are so thankful for our two friends, Kathy and Cortney, who are so graciously willing to take her and pick her up at noon, even after getting their own kiddos from a different preschool.
I love being a preschool momma! We won't mention that her first All About Me preschool project took longer than any project I did for my masters. We won't mention that it was super cute and included a picture of all the things she likes to do along with all the people she loves. We won't mention that I went above and beyond because I wanted it perfect and the manila folder had to have all sides covered in colorful girly scrapbook paper. We won't mention that I hope I get it back at the end of the year even if its all ratty from being looked at and filmed over in the book center where all the kids can see hers and theirs.
I love her. She's 4. She's going to preschool. She's going to be a big sister. She's growing up. I don't want to miss any of it!
 
First day of 4k!

 

No comments: