"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Tuesday, December 02, 2008

23 Weeks 6 Days
Today I had my 24th week appointment! It was very exciting- I got my application packet to fill out and return ASAP for my "admission for pregnancy" before I deliver as well as the wonderful Glucola to drink for my 28th week appointment for my glucose test. When Dr. Holladay took one look at me today he said that I was blossoming very nicely (I took this as a compliment because I'm so proud of my growing belly)! The rest of the appointment was very quick. First, I was weighed- I've gained not only 8 pounds but 8 and half pounds this time. I was shocked at the fact that I gained 8 pounds during last month's appointment and now 8.5 this time- for a grand total of 16.5 pounds. Dr. Holladay wasn't concerend but told me to partake in Yoga for pregnancy (I didn't do Yoga prepregnancy but I'll give it a try pregnant- this should be very interesting). I asked about walking- again- I wanted to make sure it was safe for Caroline and he said that I might feel aches and pains but she won't! When I got home from the appointment, feeling guilty, I took a 20 minute stroll in our neighborhood. It was actually very nice although the weather was chilly- this I didn't mind so much. I tried to promise myself that I would try this walking/yoga thing- at least if I'm thinking about it I won't feel so bad then for tasting that Tastefully Simple apple dessert in my fridge (Yum! Yum!).
For the rest of my appointment Dr. Holladay measured my belly which he said was perfect- 24 centimeters and I got a flu shot (never have I had the flu but taking the shot while pregnant would be just an extra precaution).
The highlight of my visit was when I had the chance to record Caroline's heartbeat! A teacher friend of mine, Lynn, gave me this Build-A-Sound recorder from Build-A-Bear. This makes it possible to record the baby's heartbeat and have it inserted into a Build-A-Bear for Caroline. In this way I'll always have her heartbeat! Before leaving the nurses said that if it didn't record this time then next time they'll hook me up to a different machine and can get a better recording for me. Well, I was disappointed when I tried to replay it for the nurses and it wouldn't work. So I'm going to have to get a new recorder and hopefully during my 28th week appointment we'll have a recording of her heartbeat!

No comments: