"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

40 Weeks and Counting!
Today, I'm 40 weeks or 280 days pregnant! I feel so blessed that I've made it this far with the pregnancy. I had my 40 week appointment today and I'm 2 cm dilated and still 75% effaced. We go back on Friday to see if there are any changes. On Friday I'll also have a fetal stress test and an ultrasound, both are protocol for being "overdue". They will check to see if Caroline is in distress and if she has enough amniotic fluid. If she is in distress and/or the fluid levels aren't where they need to be then I'll be induced. If everthing appears normal and if she doesn't come before Tuesday then I'll be induced Tuesday morning. I'm hoping that she'll come on her own this Friday (no particular reason for Friday, but I'm thinking two days after her due date, maybe just maybe she'll just want to be born)- but we'll see! Also, my BP and urine were great and I had no weight gain.

After the appt. Sam and I made a day of it-we headed over to my school to give my team a visit and an update- I also stopped in to check on my sweet lambs, we did a little shopping, went out for lunch, and came home to tidy up (Sam did the cleaning while I rested- he's so sweet, but I did help with the picking up after my nap, etc)!!

We are so thankful for all of your thoughts, prayers, and phone calls! They mean so much to us! We feel so blessed to have each and everyone of you in our lives and to be with us as we begin this journey of becoming parents. Looking forward to sharing the news of Caroline's birth with you! Here's probably the last of the belly shots! We'll keep you posted!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey pretty lady! You look fabulous! I'm so excited for you both. I hope I will be working in the nursery when you have your sweet girl (Sunday and Monday nights). Good luck with your appointment on Friday! Love, Laura J.