"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Friday, March 27, 2009

This morning I had the non stress test and an ultrasound to see how baby Caroline is doing. Dr. Salley was pleased with the results (he's also the doctor that'll be on call this weekend and on Tuesday if I'm induced- I'm very happy with this news- he's wonderful). The results were that Caroline has enough amniotic fluid and has regular moving patterns.

The ultrasound tech predicted that Caroline's birth weight will be at the high end of eight pounds or even right at nine- YIKES- but I'm so thankful for being full term and getting to have a healthy baby girl! She also noted that Caroline couldn't get any further down than she is- so she's ready and I'm feeling it- but no contractions or any signs of labor. She also commented that Caroline has these huge chubby cheeks- more for me and daddy to kiss!!

This is Caroline's position- look at your belly- on the left side is Caroline's back and on the right are all her extremities- no wonder why only on the right I've noticed these bulges! The ultrasound tech used a visual (a baby doll) to demonstrate her position. She pointed out too that Caroline had one hand over the other wrist- like she was praying- how sweet! I tried to see if she had hair- as much indigestion as I've had I'm thinking she has a head full- but I didn't see any- guess I didn't know what I was looking for!!

I also asked her to check for body parts- feet, hands, ears, eyes, nose, etc- she assured me that all of those things were there as she was checking for them and also said that these items were seen in the 20 week ultrasound- so I shouldn't worry. She also told me that we were defintely having a girl- Sam asked me the other night- what if its a boy- I just told him that it would be fine and that we'd be painting the nursery a different color if this were the case! I did get pictures of todays ultrasound, but only of her girl parts so I'm not going to post those-Caroline wouldn't appreciate it! I wanted to see her head too and she mentioned that since she was full term it was harder to see her than at 20 weeks- she did the best she could and said that since she was so low that what we were able to see (her face) was it. I tried to determine who she looked like in the 3D ultrasound and I guessed me of course but we'll see very soon! She said it wouldn't be long before I'd be holding her! I'm so excited to meet her I can hardly stand it!

If Caroline doesn't make her debut before Tuesday than I'll be induced Tuesday morning. I'm really hoping I'll go into labor on my own instead of being forced- it'll be a lot easier on mommy and baby and not so long in duration, but whatever we have to do we'll do of course.

After my appointment I went to visit a friend and I had the best afternoon!!

Thank you all for your phone calls and prayers!

Love and Prayers,
The Leviners

1 comment:

Kathy Hardison said...

I pray that when Caroline makes her arrival that everything will go smoothly. You and Sam will be great parents! Love you