"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Monday, April 27, 2009

This weekend was a big weekend! On Saturday, I walked for the March of Dimes on behalf of Morgan Kate Callahan. Team Morgan Kate raised $525.00 for the March of Dimes. We walked 3.4 miles and and every step was toward healthier babies!


Laura, Luke, Koto, Raven, Melissa, Travis,
Morgan Kate, Kathy, Loitton, Trenholm

On Sunday, our Caroline turned four weeks old! It's hard to believe that we've had her now for four weeks. It seemed like it would be forever until we got to hold her when I was pregnant and now four weeks have passed since she's been born. The last four weeks have been indescribable- filled with different emotions, exhaustion, and pure joy and delight! One thing is for sure- Caroline is a blessing, on loan from God for us to raise, and we are very blessed to have her! As a new mommy I've learned so much in the last four weeks then I have probably my whole life.

Some things I have learned in the last four weeks-
-Unconditional Love- this is hard to understand until you experience parenthood
-Patience- I would like to say that I'll have as much patience as my mother- this could be my lifelong goal- thanks mom for always having so much patience especially with four girls and two being a set of twins
-Perspective-my total outlook on life has changed, life is so very precious and every second counts (even though I sometimes dread middle of the night feedings I am thankful that I get the opportunity to have to feed something so very precious even if its in the middle of the night and I'm so exhausted that I can hardly put one foot in front of the other)- and at the same time I'm reminded of Darius Rucker's song "It Won't Be Like This For Long" and I know that I'll never get these little moments back with Caroline when she's older.

Caroline also has a few likes and dislikes:
Caroline likes:
-to be held
-she likes to swing even if its for only 10 minutes (she doesn't want to do more than this)
-to sit in her bouncey seat
-Pacis- she's just learned how to really suck on these tricky things and now she doesn't want
to be without it
-eating- she loves to eat- her nursing times vary from every two hours to every four- hopefully
she's starting to figure things out and will be on a Caroline schedule in the next few weeks
-Daddy talks- Caroline loves when her daddy talks to her- she just looks at him and takes it all
in
-Story Time- she likes being read to!
- Being Rocked- This really seems to calm her down and helps her get to sleep
-Sleeping- This girl loves to sleep
-Visitors- she likes to be the center of attention
-Lying on her tummy or her side- these are two of her favorite sleeping positions
-Laughing- She laughs even in her sleep
-Music- since her daddy sang to her in the womb she's loved music ever since- he's hoping
she'll have a singing voice just like him
-Car seat- believe it or not she likes sitting in this thing
-Humming- if music is playing she makes this noise as if she's humming right along
-Noise- she loves noise of any kind no matter if its loud or soft
-Bath Time- she's just now starting to enjoy these times

What Caroline Dislikes:
-Lying on her Back- she'd rather be on her belly but during the nighttime when we're all
sleeping she has to sleep in this undesirable position (I don't much blame her- I'm a belly
sleeper too, and when I was pregnant I terribly missed sleeping on my belly)
-Hands being Swaddled- no matter how tight we make her swaddle she always finds a way
to get her hands free
-Temperature checked- she hates this
Latest pics of our baby girl!
I'm going to be a finger sucker before long-
Caroline- 4 weeks old!
A visit from the Broadwells-
Jeffrey, Cortney, and Sarah Ann
Caroline- 27 days old!
Uncle Randy Kisses! 4 weeks old!
I'm a happy girl! 29 days old!
I love bath time! 29 days old

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Melissa and Sam - Your little girl is adorable - and I hate to tell you this Sam, but Sweet Caroline looks like her mommie. Melissa - she is precious! I can't wait to hold her. This is what I think about all the time, what is Neeley going to look like. I know that is already decided, I am just so curious. I ask Tony every night, if he thinks Neeley will look like me or like him, of course he says him - haaaa.
I can't wait - I love hearing about what she loves and what she doesn't really like. She is such a blessing, enjoy your sweet baby....I hope to see you all soon - I can't believe it has been 4 weeks - WOW where is the time going. Have a great day, it is beautiful outside.
Love ya.
Liz

Anonymous said...

Looks like she is doing so well! Can't wait to see you all again. :)
~Kathy

Cortney said...

Love the pictures!! It will be so fun to have play dates soon!! :)

I hope that you are having a great week and getting some sleep!

**Cortney** :)

Daniel and Carrie Moore said...

Your baby girl is so cute! I love her birth announcement. I'm glad I saw it because I totally forgot I had little bloomers with Alli's name on them! Glad that you are doing well. Good keeping in touch with you.