"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

4 years have passed since our wedding day, FOUR! I'm still amazed at how fast time seems to go by but I still relish our wedding day (and yes I do remember parts of our very special day). Let's start with the engagement!
Here's our story:

Sam proposing: July 2, 2005

Will You Marrry Me? Is what he'd written in the
sand prior to The Proposal!


Sam took me to Edisto Beach on July 2m 2005! His whole family met us there, so we could all enjoy the day together. We arrived at the beach at 10:30. I spent most of the morning laying out (for those that know me I did have my huge umbrealla and a very high SPF sunscreen!!) and talking with my to be sister-in-law, Angela. Sam spent most the morning playing in the water with his four small nieces and nephews. After lunch, he told me that he had to go to the car to get his camera. When he came back, he told me that on the other side of the rocks there was a huge horseshoe crab that he wanted me to see. I grabbed my camera, (not real interested), and we walked toward the rocks. His whole family followed us to see what I thought was going to be a really big crab. After crossing the rocks, Sam led me down to the water, and in the sand he'd written with seashells, "Will You Marry Me?" (although at first I said, "Aw, look was someone has done for someone else"...not knowing he'd written it for me!!). As I was reading what was written in the sand, I looked over and Sam was on one knee asking me to marry him! Of course I said, "YES"! The crowd on the beach that watched Sam make his proposal message to me cheered as I said yes. It was a great proposal!

Engagement Pic!


Our Wedding Day!


What made our day even more special was when Sam sent to me 9 roses with a note that read:
 "Melissa, The nine pink roses represent the nine years we have been together. The single white rose represents our future together. I am looking forward to spending the rest of my life with you!
With all my heart, Sam
Now I have to admit that I'm not big on receiving gifts. Don't get me wrong I love having nice things but I'm just not a big gift person, however I love buying gifts for others! I enjoy getting things from others that are made. For example, one of my gifts from Sam on Valentine's Day is a handmade card, not just an ordinary card..these are very special and he puts a lot of time into making them! I'll have to post them sometime!
I said all that to say that I loved those nine roses and the sentimental note and my only regret is that I didn't take a picture of them on our wedding day and I only got to enjoy them for about 3 minutes before I walked down the aisle! But nonetheless I have the note scrapbooked and the memory!

Dancing the night away!


Mr. and Mrs. Samuel Kristian Leviner


One Year Anniversary!




Our family of three! June 20, 2010


These last four years have been so much fun! Don't get me wrong, my marriage is by far perfect and I don't pretend it's perfect! I do know that we love each other dearly and we place God in the very center of our marriage. We are enjoying life together all while trusting Him to help mold us and make us what He wants us to be for each other and for little Caroline. 1 Cor 4:13 is my most favorite scripture in the Bible on love. My goal is to live each day according to this scripture so that I can have a Christ like love not only for my family but for all that I know, will know, see, or meet. This after all is how Jesus wants us to love one another. I'm being molded each day!!


Side note:
We are at church camp this week and here's Caroline having some fun!


Happy Girl!

Silly!

This is her "I don't know about this" look.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed reading your story! Congratulations and Happy Anniversary!