"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

So on our way to Holmes County we made a pitt stop in Mt. Airy, NC! Mt. Airy is where the fictional "Mayberry" town is that you see on the Andy Griffith show. Mayberry is actually a street in this real town and Mt. Airy is where Andy Griffith grew up. I love, love, love watching the Andy Griffith show. I don't have a reality show that I watch or even a show that I keep up with, but I love watching the Andy Griffith show! We spent three hours in this town and it was so much fun!

C is toddling along with Courtney and Kelsey!

One of the first places that we went into was Floyd's City Barber Shop. "Floyd" is who the Andy Griffith show is centered around and there is an actual Floyd. He didn't star "Floyd" in the show, (however, the show is after him) but we met him and he still cuts hair to this day at 86! Floyd will also take your picture as you enter into his shop and will later post it on his wall in his shop!

Here we are with Floyd!

Now I don't go handing my baby off for strangers to hold but he just grabbed her up!
I was so excited about being in Floyd's barber shop that I did another strange thing. I let his granddaughter, Emily cut my hair! It was only a trim and it was to say that I'd been there! Later on we discovered that Emily is very good friends with a coworker of mine...small world!

No, C didn't get a haircut but she loved sitting in the big chair!

Here's the girls in front of Opie's Candy Store!



C having too much fun in Mayberry!

C being a little too bored!


We then headed on over to Snappy Lunch for their
famous pork chop sandwhich. I liked C's grilled cheese
much better!
Melissa, Courtney, Grandmother, Kelsey

Caroline and Rhonda!

Andy Griffith's house where he actually grew up!

A statue of Andy Griffith and Opie!

This Barney Fife car was too funny! We saw at least three different Mayberry police cars like this! They are driven all over town and are used for tours!

We didn't reach Holmes County until midnight (even though we started our trip at 9:30 am! At. Airy was such a treat and we had so much fun! Tomorrow I'll post more pics of our cozy cottage and then Thursday I'll post pictures of our trip in Holmes County!



1 comment:

jan kessler said...

It sounds like you and C and the family had loads of fun.