"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Monday, May 30, 2011

This weekend we celebrated two momentous events. We traveled from Lexington to Boiling Springs twice for both but it was well worth it. Two hundred miles, 4 car hours, and 1 ear infection later, we are revealing in what these weekend events meant to our little family! Both events were for some very special people (the 2nd I'll post in a bit)!
The first being my niece, Courtney's, graduation. She is the class of two-oh-one-one! Her ceremony was perfect from the speeches down to the singing. One charge from her principal that has stayed in my mind since Friday night is "Seniors, the world has enough average in it". This charge reminds me of my niece because in my mind she is the fartherest from average. She's beautiful, talented (academically and musically), she's God fearing, has a great work ethic, surpasses anyone I know for volunteer hours, loves the special olympics, spent many school lunches helping in the special ed classes in her high school, raised money and then rebuilt a playground for a community home in her local community. The list goes on and on but this is just a glimpse of what her heart holds and what she's about. My C sure does have great examples in her big cousins and boy do I love them (our big C and K). It was pretty special seeing all of her academic achievements and accomplishments come to this very special day! She is headed to Clemson next year and has earned half of her tuition in scholarships. She is among many a Palmetto Fellow. I'm very proud of our big C!

No comments: