There is nothing like a fun time outdoors! This little one loves being outside. I think she wouldn't mind if it were raining or hailing either (she doesn't care too much for snow) as long as she gets some play QT (quality time) outside. She runs around looking at everything and gets into everything. I wouldn't change not one thing about this fun girl (well, the terrible two's, maybe). She brings so much joy into our lives and we are blessed beyond measure to have her as our daughter!
I said all that to say that right after this adorable picture was taken of her picking and eating a tomato from daddy's garden that she gave us a really big scare. She began running and playing around the backyard as usual. Then she squatted down to see what she thought was a white egg and before we knew it she put "the white egg" in her mouth. It was not a "white egg" but a white mushroom. We immediately called poison control who informed me that white mushrooms are most toxic and suggested getting her to the ER so that they could give her a dose of charcoal. Urgent Care was closer and not knowing the severity of eating the mushroom we thouht this was our best option. C seemed sleepy but fine. We kept her awake and after somewhat being quickly seen (no one seems to be in a panic when they are fine) she was diagnosed as being to good and healthy to be sick. Dr.'s orders were for us to keep her awake the next two hours (that would be until midnight) and to give her prune juice (she ate the mushroom at 8:45). We were up until midnight and still two days later that half sippy cup of prune juice still hasn't taken effect. Dr. W did call an hour after we'd left to check on her and she was fine. In fact, she had just downed a good bit of mini vanilla wafers and some of that awful prune juice. We were also outside, once again, talking to our neighbors who'd come over to check on Miss C, this time we were in the driveway away from anything that was edible or what appeared to be to her!