"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

I'm very late in posting this year's Valentine's Day pics, but it's never too late to post about one of my favorite loves, Miss C! The weekend before V Day my mom and stepdad came to visit Caroline. Sam and I had a SS social that we wanted to attend Saturday night so my parents had a date with C. They took her to dinner and had a blast playing with her at our house afterwards. I'm thankful for the moments that C gets to spend with all of her grandparents.
C and Pawpaw PC!

Nanny with one of her loves!

I love watching C open up gifts! Her smile is so big and she gets so excited. I have a lot more "fav" pics from V Day but I narrowed it down to this one. A couple of weeks before V Day we brought home the book "Princess Baby" from the library! Caroline wanted to read it over and over and over! I saw it in one of the Scholastic flyers and I knew she had to have her own copy! She lit up like Christmas morning when she saw this book in her goody bag! It's now one of my most favorite bed time stories to read to her (along with Duck on a Bike)!

I always try to make holiday photo cards of C for family and friends. This year I decided not to make a V Day card, but at the last minute I did. I found some white paper in my coat closet and I punched different shades of pink hearts out of cardstock and placed them randomly on the white paper. Amazingly, (well after many many tries), C smiled for the camera and I took some great photos. It was a lot of fun and I quickly turned the photo into a card for our family.

I didn't know what I wanted to do for C's friends at Ms. Leah's for Valentine's Day but I knew I wanted something cute and special. I just didn't want to send the traditional Valentine's Day card with candy. C's Aunt Rhonda sent these really cute V day Barbie cards complete with tatoos and accessories and I loved them. After making the card for our family and friends, and with some help of a friend, I made the smaller sized photo card. I wanted to make cupcakes as the treat but sometimes cupcakes are more hard for the smaller children at Ms. Leah's to handle. So I stole my same friend's idea and made Rice Krispy heart treats. This was so not my idea and I do not take credit for it at all.

1 comment:

Jaime said...

Love the heart rice crispy treats. I would steal that idea too! :)