"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Our Easter weekend began on Thursday (Maundy Thursday), and the festivities there after we were a lot of fun for our little family. On Thursday, we took C to her first Maundy Thursday service. It was a beautiful service with singing of hymns (I love hymns), communion, and worship. I really enjoyed this year's service. I am so thankful for the cross and yet I still have no idea how much I am loved by my heavenly Father. I'm so thankful that He's after my heart. Throughout the whole evening we talked to C about Jesus dying on the cross and how he takes our sins away, and I know she doesn't quite understand the sacrifice, but exposure at this point is all I'm really thinking about. She can relate more to Jesus's birth. She does refer to Jesus a lot so I know her little mind is thinking. Yesterday, she said that "Jesus make it rain". Oh, how this put a smile on this mommy's face. I want her to know Him, to trust Him, to spend the rest of her days after His own heart, and I most importantly want her to want to serve Him all the day's of her life.
I was off Friday and so I was even more excited about having an extra spring break day with my little love. Later that evening she and Sam dyed Easter eggs. She was so excited and loved all of the pretty egg colors. Her smiles, giggles, and laughter were just pure joy. We had a full day Saturday. Our Saturday began at LBC's first Easter egg hunt. This was a lot of fun for all ages. C saw a couple of her Sunday school friends, tried some goodies, and hunted for eggs! After the hunt we had two birthday parties to attend (more to come about these fun parties) and then another flashlight egg hunt that night (which we ended up not being able to go to, C was worn out).
Then it was Sunday. The whole day I just kept thinking WOW, He died on the cross for me and was risen from the dead. I'm still in awe! I'm so thankful for the cross. I'll never forget it.
Dying eggs with daddy!


Happy sweet girl!


Didn't like the cotton candy so much at the egg hunt!


Drop and Scatter technique! It worked!


I love my sweetness!


"Hunting" for the eggs!


C and her church friend Darah! These two are a hoot!
(Sorry about the glare.)


We invited our neighbor and friends, Mitch and Leigh Ann and
their precious 9 month old Hensley to the egg hunt!
Mitch is a youth pastor and Leigh Ann makes those
fancy bows I was telling you about in a recent post!


A note from the Easter bunny and the basket of
goodies he left our sweet girl!


Happy Easter Miss C!


The Leviners! (Yikes, theres that glare again.
Someone needs to tell me how not to make that happen!)


C having her own Easter egg hunt!


Showing us her found goods!


Hunting away!




Little ma'am is so sassy! I have no idea
 where she gets this "hands on the hip pose!"
She's too much!

No comments: