"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Saturday, August 04, 2012

I love this picture of my grandmother with Caroline! My grandmother is 90 years old and is recovering from major ovarian and colon cancer surgeries. She is slowly recovering and has had limited use of her left leg post surgery. Apparently during her surgery the Dr. removed a tumor that was near her leg's nerves. She has undergone a lot of not only recent  physical changes but also social and emotional changes such as moving out of her assisted living "home" and into a nursing home (due to not be able to walk alone). One of her best thrills was when her best friend, from her assisted living home, ended up needing rehab for a short time right after her (my grandmother's) surgery and ended up being next door buddies to her at Health South! Both were an hour from home but had each other! God does work in amazing ways!
I enjoy visiting my grandmother. She has lots of stories to tell of her younger years! During this visit she and Caroline had a blast counting all of the play coins in Caroline's purse and talked about the animals that were on each side! Caroline also showed MawMaw that she could count past ten using her beads from her purse too! I look forward to many more visits with her! Blessed!

No comments: