"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Thursday, January 31, 2013

I surely can't let the month of January end without posting some of our New Year's Eve pictures and 2013's New Year's resolution.
We spent New Year's Eve day at EdVenture with our sweet neighbors Amy, Cooper, and Jackson. Caroline and Cooper loved ringing in the Noon Year together! My MIL was with us too and I secretly think she had more fun than the children! She did everything that the kiddos did including going into Eddie and sliding down the slide multiple times (with static and all)!
We spent New Year's Eve around our burning barrel! It was cozy! The fireworks we shot later were amazing thanks to our neighbors Amy and Mr. Bill, and of course C's sparklers! I have no idea where Mr. Bill gets his fireworks from but I do think that they are on the side of illegal. They are the kind that you'd see at some fancy show...full of lots of awesome and boom pow! We had a lot of fun for sure!
Every year I make a list of resolutions! The list includes items that I want to try or get better at. I like beginning a new year with bright eyes and new objectives, however, as the year progresses I tend to still do a little of this and a little of that. For example, I wanted to start running. My church offered a running training class and for three months I trained for my first 5K (every Saturday beginning @ 7 am..now that was some dedication). I trained even though I had a prior obligation on the same date as the 5K! I was committed! I loved running but I didn't like the whole walk 1 minute then run for 2, and repeat, etc. It was hard but I loved how I felt afterwards...sweaty, hot, tired, and awesome! After the 5K I had to decide to continue running or not... then June came which =s hot and that didn't work for me no matter what time of day I put my tennis shoes on. So I no longer ran. Sad. Sad. Sad decision. Now that I know all of the effort it took to get my body to run for 30 minutes straight..I can't seem to do it again..at least for right now (however Sam is going to join this year's training class)..He.Can.Do.It! He's already Mr. Fit!
I said all of this to say that I'm not going to make a list of resolutions this year. I'm only going to make one! 2012 has certainly been a great year of growing and learning in many aspects! I'm one of those that wishes if I only would have known what I know now about ten years ago kinda gals. Ignorance is still bliss people!
My one and only new year's resolution for 2013 is to do what is most important in my life. We all have a calling on our hearts from Jesus. I want to know Him more and more each day. I want to tell others of His mercies and grace! I want to do what matters for His kingdom and then everything else will fall into place. Serving Him and teaching others about Him is what matters to this momma's heart! I can't expect anyone else to be this type of an example for my child and her children but me!
This year, I resolve to make much of Jesus by knowing Him and making Him known.
"Him we proclaim, warning everyone and teaching everyone with all wisdom, that we may present everyone mature in Christ. For this I toil, struggling with all his energy that he powerfully works within me" (Colossians 1:28-29).

I am not perfect nor do I profess to be but I know that I can't walk through this life without a relationship with Him. God made me and I am accountable to Him. WE.ALL.ARE.! In 2013, what are you offering for God's kingdom?
 

Cooper and Caroline at EdVenture!

She's shopped till she's dropped!

Sweet friends!

My beautiful baby! I could eat her up!

Ringing in the New Year!
 
Happy New Year Princess!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am seeing some curly hair & some rain boots--glad to see the Dukes made it into your New Year's festivities!
-Big C

April said...

Love the pics! I've been saying I'm going to start getting healthier for 3 weeks. I never even start. :(