"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Monday, June 23, 2008

Church Camp! I love church camp! Every summer I most look forward to going to Batesburg, SC to the Nazarene Church Camp! This year was unlike no other! We had two wonderful camp speakers- Dr. Dwight Gunter and Dr. Chic Shaver. This year like last I was surrounded by Leviners of all kinds- baby Franklin (who loves to laugh and laugh), 3 year old Silas (who loves to use his imagination to tell make-believe stories), 4 year olds -Christian and Jeffrey (who are always up to something fun), a kindergartener- Anna (who loves to sort all kinds of things), 1st Grader- Samantha- who loves to make sure everyone's doing what she is), 9 year old Ainsley (who loves giving hugs and telling people that she loves them), sister-in-laws Angela and Missi, mother and father-in-laws (Harry and Anna), brother-in-law and preacher Jason, and my wonderful sweet husband Sam. Church camp would not be the same without all these different and fun personalities- all meshed into a tiny cabin where love is shown and given and the Lord is praised. My favorite place in this very special place is the Leviner front porch. We have the perfect view, I think, in all the campground! This is about the only outside place where I don't mind sitting for any length of time in the heat of the day or night and knowing mosquitos, ants, and spiders are lurking someplace nearby while at the same time enjoying the company of family and friends. It's an amazing place and I'm thankful for all the fun memories I have of this very special place on earth!

No comments: