"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Big Day!


Shower for Baby Caroline!


Today was another fun baby day! My friends Michelle and Fran hosted a baby shower for me and Caroline! Caroline received a lot of nice things- changing pad cushion, clothes, books, bibs, bottles, pacifier clips, bath towels, washcloths, baby wash, sleepers, boppy essentials, car seat toys, Dr. Seuss books, lotion, onesies, tummy time mat, burp cloths, and lots more. It was so much fun getting together with family and friends to share this special time! Caroline even got her very own smocked Gamecock dress!



























Joining LBC!
Not only was today Caroline's baby shower but the day that we joined Lexington Baptist Chruch! We have been visiting LBC for 2.5 years and we are excited that we joined today. Sam and I have very strong ties to our home churches in Orangeburg- Sam's grandfather was a preacher at the church in which Sam grew up in so this was a very big decision to make not only for us but also for Caroline!
After attending worship services at different times in the morning (LBC has 3 morning services), visiting several Sunday School classes, and touring the children's department (which by the way is awesome, brand new, and very modern) we were ready to join. We have been ready to join for some time except that when we got ready to become members the preacher announced that there'd be a class required for all new member prospects! We took the class with many other families for four weeks. Afterwards we felt the class was very informative on how the church operates and about the Baptist Denomination in general. After our last class we felt assured that this was the place for our little family! We thoroughly enjoy our SS class and have met many new friends! We are now looking forward to continuing to serve Him in places of ministry within the church! Another decision that we'll make is to when we'll be baptised (I was sprinkled when I was a baby in the Presbyterian Church)- I wanted to already be but because of our timing with joining and me being very pregnant I'm unable. Sam wants to be baptized in June when the church offers the baptism at a local lake and he wants me to do it with him but we'll see- I'm not to fond of water that I can't see through.
Today was an awesome day and we feel very blessed! On another note, Caroline's due in ten days! Friday and Saturday I had for the first time Braxton-Hicks contractions- I told Sam that these aren't anything that's like what's to come and they are very painful; however they don't last long and for this I am thankful- I've been stopped dead in my tracks more than once!
We'll keep you posted!

No comments: