"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Week 38!
Today I had my 38th week appointment! Caroline is measuring 38 weeks- the last two weeks the measuring showed that she was one week behind- as the Dr. put it- she has caught up! Everything was normal for the visit- BP- great, weight- gained 2.5 pounds (for a total of 37.5 pounds- I blamed today's visit on the baby- Dr. Salley did say that she was going to be at least 7 to 8 pounds at birth!!)- urine- excellent, swelling questions- very minimal and it just comes with being this far into the pregnancy (I'm thankful for no stretch marks and the fact that I can still wear my rings!!), Exam- HORRIBLE... yes I did say that today's examination was horrible however it wasn't due to the pressure I've been feeling lately but to the doctor doing the exam (won't mention any names here). I haven't seen this Dr. at all during my prenatal visits and wasn't supposed to see him today but the doctor that I was scheduled to see was in surgery. Don't get me wrong he was very nice, answered all of my questions, and was very friendly to me but the actual exam to see effacement and dilation was non too comfortable- Sam couldn't go with me so I squeezed the nurse's arm instead- I think he was a little too rough and from what I've been told it just hasn't happened to me- so I'm not a weenie! As I toddled out of the office almost in tears I thought to myself if labor is anything like what I just experienced I'm in Big-Big-Big trouble- the receptionist said that if I could handle that then labor will be a breeze- I tried to make myself think more positively about labor but I'm think I'm setting myself up!! We'll see....keep praying!!

After my appointment my friend, Michelle, called to see if I wanted to go to a local consignment sale that's only twice a year here in Lexington- It's called Bells and Beaus! I was very excited about going and found cute, cute, cute, things for Caroline- one of them being a precious Gamecock smocked dress! This was my find for the day and I can't wait to see our Missy Moo in it! It was an experience- looking through racks and racks of clothes- it reminded me of going to TJ Max or Ross, where you have to search for the goodies- but it was extremely organized so the searching wasn't that bad after all.

After coming home from the consignment sale Sam and I went to Babies R Us to get some needed items for Caroline- her traveling system, changing pad cushion, crib mattress, cradle mattress (which was not available- Yikes), and some other items. My sister Rhonda is coming on Saturday to help me with whatever else that I might need for Caroline and for my hospital stay! I'm very excited about our outing!

We had a very busy day today and I'm tired. Here's some pics of me at week 38- I'm one big mama but I love being pregnant- I'm going to miss her being in my tummy when she's born. Here's also her name above her crib- Sam did a great job of putting them up. The nursery is coming along nicely we still have some things to do so when it's all finished I'll post those as well!

No comments: