"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Sam and I spent this past weekend in Orangeburg. We had a wedding to attend on Saturday- Congratulations Timmy and Jessica- and we were given a baby shower on Sunday at Sam's church. We had so much fun at both the wedding and our shower! Caroline received so many wonderful things at the shower! It was nice seeing and visiting with friends at both! It was also nice to hear compliments on my pregnancy- some couldn't believe that I only had 2 weeks to go! I have been very blessed with my pregnancy and I'm thankful that all has gone well- normal blood pressure, appropriate weight gain, carrying through to the third trimester, etc, etc! I am thankful to the Lord for all of these things including wonderful supportive family and friends!

So tomorrow makes week 38! Just this past weekend I've noticed definite swelling in my ankles. I don't know if it's because I was busy over the weekend, lack of sleep, or just being plain pregnant! Today after recess I noticed it more so I went to the school nurse to check my blood pressure- it was normal. Then I e-mailed pics to my oldest sister- who is also a nurse and she thought that I needed to go ahead and make the phone call to my OB's office. Tammy, Dr. Holladay's nurse said it was normal and to not worry- I was nearing the end and swelling comes with it! I came home after school today- I felt like I was on vacation because usually I stay so late and I was home in time to watch shows before the news came on! I propped my feet up, watched tv, wrote thank you notes, and dozed off! It was nice! The swelling- I was told would be normal if it were in my lower extremities- I can still wear my rings, etc! My legs, feet, and ankles do not hurt so I'm not going to worry too much. I never understood until now why expecting mothers would say "I'm ready"! I LOVE being pregnant but Caroline- I feel is getting bigger by the day and more cramped, I'm waking up a lot more during the night and I'm uncomfortable in lots of places and I'm so tired, so I hope this doesn't sound selfish to say that "I'm Ready" to meet my baby girl! I go back to the OB on Thursday! We'll keep you posted!
Here's some pics of the shower in O'burg! Before the shower we watched our niece and nephew (Samantha and Christian) in a children's church program!






No comments: