"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Today has been a fun day (yesterday not so much)! Caroline's Gran came up for another visit today and finally I've been able to get a picture of the two of them together! Our day was so much fun. We ate lunch at one of my favorite eating spots- Groucho's, went to the pediatrician's office to have Missy Moo weighed, and then headed over to Target and then to Kohl's. Our day eneded with me getting a quick haircut!

Yes, we took Caroline to be weighed- I've been wanting to for some time now but you see I have this fear of driving her around by myself (I did it though last week- TWICE) so I haven't taken her until today! Joyce and I guestimated her weight beforehand- I guessed 10.14 and Joyce guessed 11.5 (I think). She weighs 10.7 and is measuring 22 inches- she sure is growing! Her little face is filling out and I can tell when I pick her up that she's gained some weight!

Yesterday was a different story from today- it must be something about Tuesdays! Last Tuesday she didn't have such a great day either! Anyways, yesterday, Caroline was such a fuss fuss girl. Nothing appeased her and she wanted to nurse every 2 hours on the dot. I know you're supposed to let a baby cry but these was a cry that wasn't nice to listen to for more than 10 minutes at a time. The bouncey seat just wouldn't do nor the swing, lying on her back or side wouldn't fit the bill either. We just made the day of it by doing whatever was needed for the moment- rocking, walking, singing, chaning her diaper, nursing, swinging, etc, etc- never has she just cried just to cry until yesterday. Finally by 5:30 she settled down and then into the evening she was even more settled- she had a great night of sleeping and today she's been sleeping quite a bit. I've read in books and magazines that a baby can cry up to 3 hours per day for no reason but to cry. I know, I know, there are going to be days like this and there will be more to come! This was defintely an experience because I felt like I couldn't make her happy, but today she's been such the happy girl!



Gran loving on her Caroline!



Missy Moo- 5 1/2 weeks!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the cow on her bib! So cute. :)

I got your message about the eye exams. This is their 3rd one. I haven't watched any of them. I've heard it is terrible for them. I can't believe Sam had to hold her down! I don't know the doctor for tomorrow, but Dr. Wells was the dr. last time.

Hopefully you won't have many more days like Tuesday. Have a great weekend! :)
~Kathy

Daniel and Carrie Moore said...

We are going through a growth spurt right now. Feedings are so inconsistent and she wants to eat all the time. I fed Alli 3 times yesterday from 4:30 to 8:30. It's so incredibly tiring!

Anonymous said...

Hey! That outfit is precious--she is sooo cute! :)

Sarah Ann would randomly do that too--some days they are just hungrier than others!

I can't let Sarah Ann cry either--and everything says that you can't spoil a baby :)

Have a great rest of the week! And I hope next Tuesday is better! :)

**Cortney**