"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Monday, March 28, 2011

Dear Sweet Caroline,
Tomorrow you will be two years old. TWO! As I am writing this I'm thinking back to before you were born and how I imagined what you'd look like, or how your little personality would be, and what kind of baby you'd be. When you were born I imagined what you'd be like when you were three months old or even six months old. Now that you are almost two it's hard for me to imagine when you were so tee tiny or just even a few days old. My how time flies. I know that I will wake up one day to you turning 5 and being a kindergartner or 18 and a senior in high school. I'm wanting to treasure and remember all of the moments between now and then, so hopefully you will look at all of the thousands of pictures we've taken of you and/or you would take the time to read this blog!
From one years old to two you have done so many fun amazing things as well as some things that we as your parents don't find so pleasureable! You learned to walk and talk. Your vocabulary and speech amaze me! You talk all of the time and I have been writing down your words and phrases and I'll post those later. I'm guessing its from reading to you so much as to why you're vocabulary is what it is (at least I've done something right) and I hope that you become an avid reader just like your mommy!
You've become so independent with doing tasks. You don't like for us to help you, especially when it comes to tying your shoes and putting on your coat. You don't need much help with the latter but the former, I don't mind that you're too little and still need my help! You are strong willed (just like both of your parents) and you are determined to do anything (which I most love).
You are funny when you giggle, sing, play games, mimick mommy and daddy, talk, and play. You are so full of life! You just melt my heart each and everyday!
I have heard my whole life about how terrible the "terrible twos" are, I think for a while now you've been in the "terrible twos stage". I finally thought that you were done with the whole bitting thing until you bit your big cousin, Kelsey, in the back yesterday. No excuses, you don't mean any harm, but when someone's lying on their belly, you can get so excited about jumping on them that you also bite them. Your new favorite word now is "no, mommy" or while pointing at daddy you say "no, daddy". Just like recently when you slung pecans all over the kitchen floor and mommy was really upset when you began stomping them. Then you refused to pick them up even after being popped and put in time out three different times. Each time you refused to clean those pecans off on the floor. Yes, well mommy had to pick them up, I lost that battle (it might have been the first), ha!

Your favorite food is pizza and I would say that cheeseburgers take 2nd place. Some days you are a very good eater and some days you are not!
Your favorite drinks are water, milk, and juice (you really like water, you ask for it everyday).
Your favorite books are: Over in the Meadow, My Peakaboo Book, your children's Bible, and Little Piglet.
Your favorite toys are: counting toys piggy bank, the ball machine, your train, the red and blue shape sorter, Mrs. Potato Head, your baby dolls: Curly Sue, Ellie, and Salley and their strollers, and your wagon. You love wagon rides. Nothing puts a big ole smile on your face like the one you have when you are bumping up and down in your little red wagon.
Your favorite songs are: Jesus Loves Me, Deep and Wide, Jesus Loves the Little Children, Ring Around the Rosey, Five Little Ducks, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, Happy Birthday, (I think there might be a few more and I'll get back to you on those too).
I have to say that this year has been a predominatly "well" year. You only had one ear infection last summer and one really bad cold in the fall. You did however have your first tummy bug (you handled that very well...you tough little baby)!
As you can see we love all the many many things about you. We are so proud that you are our daughter! My hope is that you see Jesus in us everyday and that your life longing is to be more like Him each of your days. We pray each day that He will help us to be what we need to be for you!
We love you and hope that your 2nd birthday is as much fun as you are!
Love you always and forever, Sweet Caroline!
Mommy and Daddy


Almost the newest Two Year Old!

Sweet Caroline!

We love you!

No comments: